All applications must be made through SportsAid and conform with SportsAid’s grant application requirements below.
How do I get involved in the Young Sportsperson Awards?
- All grant applications received by SportsAid follow a standard process of assessment.
- Governing bodies must submit application forms to SportsAid before their designated deadline.
- All applications received at the SportsAid headquarters are divided into regions and distributed to the regional branches of SportsAid.
- The regional Grants Committee will assess all forms based on the SportsAid performance criteria. Applicants are not means-tested.
- The shortlisted applicants from each category will be invited for interview by SportsAid and OCS at a chosen venue during March/April when the regional category winners and runners up will be selected.
- The regional winners will be informed of their success in early June and invited to the awards ceremony, generally held in November, where the overall winner will be announced.
Young Sportsperson Award ceremonies
For photos of previous awards ceremonies, please go to our OCS Young Sportsperson Awards page.