Our strategies have been formulated from the outset of the outbreak. From the beginning, when enhanced cleaning practises were crucial to minimising the spread of infection, to ensuring buildings remained safe with reduced occupancy for a period and now looking ahead to the future - when buildings will begin to be reoccupied.
If you want to know more about how we will fully support you during this period and beyond, download the OCS Safely Back to Work Guide, or click through to our services below.
Your trusted cleaning expert
Over the last 120 years, OCS has built a long and trusted history of cleaning expertise. Today we remain at the forefront of the industry and have senior representation and input into industry best practice across the main cleaning industry bodies, including:
- Paul Thrupp: Immediate Past Chairman of the British Cleaning Council (BCC)
- Yvonne Taylor: BICSc Council Member, Board Director of the Cleaning and Support Services association (CSSA) and Committee Member of the British Services Association (BSA)
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, cleaning is now at the forefront of facilities management.
OCS has developed strategies to ensure we are responsive and provide the safest outcome for all. Changes are already being made and there is an increase in the expectation of cleaning and hygiene. Higher frequency of cleaning and the visibility of services, particularly in high-touch point and commonly used areas, will address this psychological impact of COVID-19, as well as protecting against the risk of infection.
We have already adapted the current traditional cleaning practices we use to capture all guidance from Public Health England:
- Disinfectant chemicals comply with EN1276 and or EN14476 standards
- Technology and innovation through equipment has been rolled out across our business
- The OCS suite of RAMS/SSOW and method statements have been reviewed or developed
Internal training programmes have been compiled to ensure our cleaning operatives are fully aware on any changes to process or procedures along with a suite of training modules covering infection control and bio-hazard training