What is manned guarding?
Manned guarding has three main elements. It is either:
- guarding against unauthorised entry to a building or premises
- guarding against the destruction of or damage to a building or premises, or
- guarding a person from assault or injury.
Additionally, security officers with the appropriate CCTV licence can:
- monitor or track the activities of a specific member of the public in a public or private place
- focus on someone’s activities either by controlling or directing cameras at them
- identify someone, and
- protect the premises from disorder and/or protect someone from violence or assault.
By choosing our manned guards, as well as installing security systems such as CCTV, you’ll receive an integrated security service for your entire premises. Guards can patrol your business and monitor your CCTV cameras, linked up to our National Support Centre, giving you 24-hour protection and providing a more cost efficient security service.
SIA approved contractor
We specialise in providing highly trained security staff for many of the UK’s top companies. OCS Group UK Limited currently holds SIA Approved Contractor Scheme (ACS) status for the provision of:
- door supervision
- public space CCTV
- security guarding and keyholding, and
- cash and valuables in transit.
We give you peace of mind knowing that our services are fully compliant with industry standards.
A flexible workforce of over 4,000 staff
Whatever you guarding requirements, we have over 4,000 SIA licensed staff across the UK at your disposal. Our network of regional offices means we can be both responsive and flexible to your needs.
We provide services to all sizes of organisations in:
- the public sector
- the private sector
- nationally, and
Manned guarding accreditation and compliance
We’re compliant with the relevant British Standards in manned guarding and all associated fields.
We’re accredited and independently inspected under:
- ISO 9001 for Quality
- ISO 14001 for Environmental Performance Management, and
- OHSAS 18001 for Health and Safety Management System.